Have you ever wondered, what’s the usage of Audience in my Google Ads? Or how to maximize Audience use in Google Ads? Well, if you ever asked those questions to yourself, you’re in the right place.
What is audience?
Audience is one of Google’s many ways that allow us to be better at targeting potential customers and target markets. According to Google, “Audiences are groups of people with specific interests, intents, and demographics, as estimated by Google. You can select from a wide range of categories – such as fans of sport and travel, people shopping for cars, or specific people that have visited your site.”
The audience plays an important and very valuable role in terms of Digital Marketing, which focuses on PPC (Pay-Per-Click) services. This allows you to freely search more & navigate while improving the performance of your campaign in the broad areas of Google Search, Display, Video by reaching a specific audience as described below.
Understand the different type of audiences
Here are some types of audience that are often used on the Google Ads platform:
- Affinity Audiences: This type is intended to reach potential customers based on a holistic lifestyle, passion, behavior, and long-term interests.
- Custom Affinity: This type of audience is similar to Affinity Audience but can be specifically designed and adapted to the business brand itself.
- In-Market Audiences: Specially designed by advertisers to get conversions from potential buyers. Designed to reach consumers who are almost completing a purchase.
- Life Events: Reaching users when they are in the midst of important achievements in life.
- Custom intent, In-Market: Reaching users based on their recent purchase intentions.
- Remarketing: Reaching people who were previously involved with your product/service.
- Website Visitors: A list of those who have previously visited your site. Special criteria, such as certain page visitors, can be used.
- YouTube Users: Users who see your video ad can be added to the YouTube Audience List.
- App Users: Users who have installed your application on their device.
How to choose your audience?
In selecting an audience for your marketing purposes, you need the expertise to identify the customer journey on making a purchase. You can show your ads to specific audiences based on who they are, their interests and behavior, what they actively research, or how they interact with your business. The ability to display your ad online to people with certain interests can help you reach the right customers.
Broadly speaking, there is a slight difference in ad serving to each audience. On this occasion, we will discuss Affinity Audiences and In-market Audiences. When talking about In-market Audience, The biggest difference is in the search column, where the intention behind searching for keywords is more focused or direct. Compared to Affinity Audiences, where keywords are more research-like.
With In-Market Audience, this type of prospective customer is someone who is researching and actively considering buying services or products like ours. When it is difficult for an audience to reach this stage, it is very likely that they will make a purchase. Therefore, the type of display advertisement is better if it’s frontal (call-to-action) to get the attention of potential customers. Another example of an action that can be done is by giving special offers only to new customers.
Meanwhile, Remarketing is an advertisement aiming to audiences who have visited your website before or seen your video.
A good understanding of available data such as types of audience, selecting the right type of audience, and the ability to connect all of that with the user journey. You can segment your audience better and display unique ads with more personalization and relevance to your audience.
The results of implementing this, in the long run, is the maximum budget absorption, which leads to the efficiency of conversion costs per acquisition (CPA) and the maximum ROI results.
If you enjoy reading this article, don’t hesitate to share this information with others so they can be helped by this article. Kaliber is a performance marketing team that brings in the global experience that Asia’s top companies are looking for to have an edge over their competitors. Bringing over US$500M worth of performance marketing experience, we have both the agency experience and consulting experience to help propel our clients forward. You can get a free audit on your Google Ads by clicking here.
- Digital Marketing
- google ads
Answer for subsсribe form